Noon Whistle Brewing Company
Apply for this Job
A lab technician at Noon Whistle Brewing is responsible for the physical and microbiological testing of all beer, monitoring of yeast health and viability, management of sensory program, and management and communication of all relevant data to the Production team. As a part of a quickly growing production facility, a lab technician must also be continuously seeking to improve product quality, quality control processes, efficiency, and safety.
This position is, at minimum, a technician role. However, the quality program and department are being critically evaluated and the role may also be well suited for a more experienced Quality professional looking for the opportunity to move a program in a new direction. The role of the position within the brewery will ultimately be personnel-dependent, based on experience and fit.
- Operate physical testing equipment such as density meters, pH meters and CO2/O2 meters to generate quality data.
- Perform aerobic and anaerobic microbiological testing, including media preparation.
- Monitor yeast health and prepare accounts for brewers.
- Manage sensory panels, data, and beer library.
- Maintain quality databases and assist Production Management with data tracking projects.
- Communicate all relevant quality data to Management to guide decision making.
- Assist Brewing and Packaging with instrument maintenance and calibration.
- Maintain inventory of laboratory supplies and materials.
- Maintain a clean, safe, and orderly work area.
- Basic light mechanical troubleshooting and repairs to laboratory equipment when necessary.
- Assist with and suggest process and product improvements.
Qualifications, Skills, and Competencies:
- College degree in sciences preferred, or equivalent combination, training, and 3 years experience
- Strong organizational, problem solving, multitasking, interpersonal, and written/verbal communication skills required
- MS Office and general computing skills required. Strong Excel proficiency preferred.
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with other departments to meet production needs.
- Ability to work independently with minimal direct supervision.
- Flexible schedule and ability to work evenings and weekends.
Physical Requirements and Environmental Conditions:
- Able to lift materials up to 55 lbs.
- Able to work in wet, tight, or cramped spaces, and in an environment with high noise levels.
- Able to work with hazardous chemicals.
- Able to wear required Personal Protective Equipment (boots, gloves, apron, eye protection, etc.)
- Exposure to hot fluids, live steam, pressurized vessels and transfer lines, particulate atmospheres, carbon dioxide, variable temperature levels, and wet floors and clothing.
Benefits include Paid time off, Paid Holidays, 401k, Health, Dental and Vision Insurance.
Apply for this Job