Overwatch 2 Talents is one of the latest features that Blizzard Entertainment is introducing in this sequel. This latest feature will have players working to unlock new abilities for their heroes. Learn more about the Overwatch 2 Talents on this guide of ours.
What are Overwatch 2 Talents?
Overwatch 2 Talents are essentially hero abilities that are tied to the game’s Hero Missions mode. As you progress a character, you’ll unlock new Talents points which you can assign to your heroes to give them new abilities.
Hero Missions is a PVE co-op content where you team up with your friends to fight Omnics. In this mode, you can assign Talents to your heroes. As you level up individual Overwatch characters, you’ll gain Talent points which you can use to spend on Talents which will modify and amplify that character’s abilities.
It’s worth noting that Talents are exclusive to Hero Missions. They will not be available for PVP content. Overwatch 2’s game director, Jeff Kaplan, stated that their reasoning for doing this was to keep the competitive spirit of Overwatch and ensure that everyone is in the same level playing field.
We’ve created this article to list every hero Talent in Overwatch 2. Keep reading to learn the new Overwatch 2 Talents for every playable character in the game.
Here are the Overwatch 2 hero Talents for each character:
- Dragon’s Breath: Dragonblade slashes produce large projectiles that pierce.
- Sojiro’s Guidance: Any arrows that pierce enemies detected by Sonic Arrows will find another target of enemies detected.
- Healing Wave: Soundwave heals 25% of your allies maximum health.
- mashups: Amp it Up plays both songs upon use.
- Beatmatching: Damage dealing while using Speed Boost adds bonus healing to Healing Boost.
- Fortississimo: Soundwave adds more projectiles to the next volley of Sonic Amplifier.
- speeding up: Critical hits dealt reduces the cooldown of Amp it Up by 0.5 seconds.
- Power Skating: The damage and knockback of Soundwave scale based on your forward speed.
- Shatter: Frozen enemies will shatter upon being killed, dealing damage to nearby enemies.
- cold-snap: When Cryo-Freeze expires, nearby enemies are frozen.
- Hypothermia: Enemies below 200 health are instantly killed by Blizzard.
- Snowball Effect: Move around after using Cryo-Freeze and knock down enemies.
- frost bite: Enemies frozen will take more damage.
- Polar Vortex: Blizzard covers a huge area and ignores line-of-sight.
- Outreach: Caduceus Staff’s range is increased by 10%, 20%, 30%.
- Rapid Response: Guardian Angel’s range and movement speed are increased by 10%, 20%, 30%.
- fireburst: Fire Strike explodes as it deals damage, igniting enemies nearby.
- frenzy: Rocket Hammer swings faster after continuous hits.
- Impact Converter: Damaging enemies with Rocket Hammer recharges your Barrier Field.
- Amplification Field: Friendly projectiles passing through Barrier Field have increased damage.
- Fault Line: Earth Shatter has a more narrow cone but deals more damage.
- Epicenter: Earth Shatter travels in all directions instead of just a cone.
- Barrier Boon: Barrier Field heals Reinhardt for 10%, 20%, 30% of the damage it absorbs while Barrier Field has 50% or more Health.
- Overhead Smash: Hitting with Rocket Hammer swings 2 times in a row causes the next swing to deal 25% more damage, stunning a target for half a second.
- Icy Pains: Charge deals 150% more Pin damage to Frozen enemies and keeps Frozen enemies while they’re Pinned.
- armor-up: Gain Armor equal to 3%, 6%, 10% of Reinhardt’s maximum Health.
- All Armor: Convert 25%, 50%, 75% of Reinhardt’s Health to Armor.
- fractured: Enemies take 10%, 20% more damage from all sources while knocked down by Earth Shatter and stay knocked down for 15%, 30% longer.
- Brigitte’s Weld: Reinhardt takes 3%, 6% less damage from all sources while he has Armor.
- Puncture: Enemies that survive pin damage take 25% more damage from all sources for 6 seconds.
- Get Down!: Charge’s pin damage is increased by 25%, 50% when the pinned target was picked up near an ally.
- Shield Bash: Use Primary Fire while Barrier Field is active to stun all enemies directly in front of Reinhardt for 2 seconds, dealing 30 damage and pushing them back. 10 second cooldown.
- Balderich’s Stand: When Barrier Field breaks, gain armor equal to 50% of your maximum health and deal 50% more damage for 8 seconds. Balderich’s Stand can’t trigger again until Barrier Field has fully regenerated.
- Uptake: Increases the healing of Biotic Field by 3%, 6%, 10% and its range by 10%, 20%, 30%.
- Combat Veteran: Increase Soldier: 76’s maximum health by 12.5%, 25%.
- Morale Boost: The first time Biotic Field heals an ally other than Soldier: 76, its cooldown is reduced by 1.5, 3 seconds.
- Deathly Accurate: Pulse Rifle’s critical hits result in Killing Blows grant Pulse Rifle 5%, 10% mini-crit chance for 5 seconds.
- Relentless Trigger: Pulse Rifle deals .5%, 1%, 1.5% more damage for every bullet that hits an enemy while the trigger remains held. Using Helix Rockets maintains a trigger hold.
- Tactical Advantage: Damage dealt during Tactical Visor is increased by 5%, 10%, 15%.
- Target Rich Environment: Eliminations while Tactical Visor is active increases the duration of Tactical Visor
- Flamethrower: Turrets will have a flamethrower instead of a minigun.
- My Babies: Torbjörn can now place up to 3 turrets instead of just one.
- Adaptive Reload: Pulse Pistols automatically reload when using an ability.
- chain reaction: Press Bomb causes a secondary explosion on those hit by the blast.
- Flash: Blinking can damage enemies when she phases through them.
- hindsight: Recall damages recently damaged enemies.
- Vortex: Recall pulls in enemies and ensnares them.
- speed kills: Killing blows speed up Tracer’s cooldowns.
Those are all the Overwatch 2 Talents for every playable character. If you want to try out the Overwatch 2 Talents and see how they play out, you might want to check out our How to join the next Overwatch 2 Beta guide.
*As Overwatch 2 is still far from its release date, we don't know every Overwatch 2 Talent just yet. We'll continue to make updates as we learn new details.
Players will be able to build different types of Overwatch 2 characters as the Talent system in the game are based on three skill trees for each heroes. Some Talents require prerequisite Talents to unlock first and a number of Talent Points to unlock. Players will not doubt be grinding to unlock every Overwatch 2 Talents.
We hope this Overwatch 2 Talents guide helped you learn every Talent in the game. We’ll update this article as more information comes to light so be sure to keep coming back.
For more Overwatch 2 content, feel free to stay with us and check out our other related articles.
Overwatch 2 News & Articles
Overwatch 2 Opinion Content
Overwatch 2 Guides
Check out this Youtube video from Master Ian Gamer who does a pretty good job explaining the Overwatch 2 Talents feature.