Out of the 85 graduating Grade 12 students of Philippine Science High School – CALABARZON Region Campus in Batangas City, 16 have so far received offers to study in colleges and universities abroad.
In a statement, campus director Dr. Jose Andaya, the PSHS-CALABARZON Region Campus makes activities that will help students realize the importance and benefits of studying in PSHS and consequently making them achievers.
These activities include, but are not limited to inviting well-known professionals in STEM during their career orientations and school programs so that our speakers can inspire our students; exposing students to the world of STEM during their educational field trips, Science Internship Program (SIP), and Service, Creativity, and Leadership Enhancement (SCALE) Programs; hiring highly qualified teachers who can motivate our students to focus on their chosen careers; and collaborating with organizations and laboratories so that our students can use their facilities and online resources for free.
“With these activities, our students become achievers and fulfill their dreams,” said Dr. Andaya.
Jamaican Allen D. Garcia received eight study offers with three scholarships from prestigious offering BS Biology.
With the second most number of college admission, Yosef Christian M. Cuenca received six admission offers with scholarship grants from prestigious schools in the United States on computer science and information systems-related courses.
Two students qualified in five universities. Interested in life sciences, Bernice M. Villa Del Rey got five college study offers.
Inclined to pursue a pre-medicine course, Christiana Fatima P. Malabanan qualified for admission in various medical courses.
Other students who received opportunities to study abroad are:
- Alexander A. Bañados – BS Aerospace Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA; BS Aeronautical Science (with scholarship), Florida Institute of Technology, USA
- Mark Bernard Angelo R. Villena – Bachelor of Science, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Arnel Mari B. Ariate – BS Applied Physics, Purdue University, USA
- Mel Czarina P. Caballes – BS Automotive Engineering, Indiana State University, USA; BS Aerospace Engineering, Missouri University of Science and Technology, USA; BS Biomedical Sciences (Presidential Scholarship), Xavier University, USA
- Mark Ranielle R. Cueto – BS Chemistry (Integrated Science Program), Hokkaido University, Japan
- Annika Marie P. Domondon – BS Biology (with Leadership Award and Jesuit Heritage Award), Xavier University, Ohio, USA; Bachelor of Applied Science, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Jesus Gwyneth Francesca Belial C. Ferrer – BS Biology (with Dean’s Scholarship), the Xavier University, Ohio, USA
- Miguel Carlo Antonio D. Fuentebella – BASc Biomedical Engineering, University of British Columbia, Canada
- Anmina M. Javellana – BS Physics, Purdue University, USA; Aerospace Science and Engineering, University of California – Davis, USA; Aerospace Engineering / Astronautics (with New American University Scholarship), Arizona State University, USA
- John Joseph S. Liwag – BS Chemistry (with Provost Grant), Hofsfra University, New York, USA
- Angel A. Lopez – BS Aerospace Engineering, University of Minnesota Twin Cities, USA
- Allysakyle Marie M. Manay – BS Chemistry (with Founder’s Scholarship), University of Denver, USA; BS Chemistry, Drexel University, USA
According to PSHS, last year, only two students got admission offers with scholarships from schools in the United States and Singapore.
“For six years you have worked hard to attain your dreams, and now you have successfully finished the science curriculum of the PSHS System. We are very proud of your accomplishments and of the outstanding leadership, you have provided your school,” Andaya said.
“I hope you will carry the core values you have learned in Pisay wherever you go. Whatever you do, stay focused and keep working towards the promise of a brighter tomorrow. Kudos to all of you, future professionals and leaders in science and technology! May all your dreams come true,” he added.
PSHS-CALABARZON Region Campus will be having its on-site commencement exercise for its second batch of students at the PSHSCALABARZONRC Multi-Purpose Gymnasium on June 8.
SIGN UP TO DAILY NEWSLETTER
CLICK HERE TO SIGN-UP