for an experienced Development professional. This is a role in which a veteran fundraiser can
have immediate impact and success by building on the significant fundraising efforts already in
place. As a well respected leader in the field, FRSN has support from individuals and groups
and needs someone who can take the lead and provide direction in development efforts. Este
position will work with a dedicated group of volunteers.
Willingness to complete administrative tasks such as thank you letters, database entry,
external and internal communications is required. The bulk of the job is expanding the
outreach and networking and coordinating efforts to maximize community awareness and giving.
The ideal candidate will be creative, organized, knowledgeable of the various ways people can
give, and passionate about the cause. It is essential that any candidate be a self-starter and
able to work independently.
The number of hours for this position can be negotiable with an expected range between 25 – 40 hours per week. Although the job provides for a remote work environment, the job candidate must reside within California. Qualified candidates will be invited to an interview process.
Up to $90,000/year, depending on hours and experience
Benefits include Earned Time Off, 403(b) plan contribution, health insurance premium reimbursement, and home office stipend
The Development Director is responsible for the First Responder Support Network (FRSN) fundraising, development, and communication activities. Ella develops and manages individual and corporate gifts as well as planned and annual giving campaigns. Supports the Development Committee and Executive Director’s (ED) fundraising activities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions, however, the Development Coordinator shall be responsible for the following:
- Develop and execute annual development and fundraising schedule.
- Identify, develop and maintain support from individuals, foundations, and corporations.
- Develop materials and communications related to fundraising.
- Develop regular social media communications.
- Research and write grants.
- Develop and implement fundraising events.
- Provide donor appreciation letters and maintain ongoing communications with donors, including organizing annual Board of Trustee phone calls to donors.
- Maintain donor database.
- Ensure timely and accurate report deliveries to funders.
- Work in collaboration with the ED and support their fundraising activities.
- Work in collaboration with the Development Committee and support their fundraising activities.
- Ensure compliance with all FRSN policies, including adherence to HIPAA and other pertinent regulations as applicable.
- Other projects as needed or assigned by the ED.
- Bachelor’s Degree.
- 5+ years’ experience in development. Development experience within the first responder field preferred.
- Foundation relationships and experience with grant writing, corporate giving, social media campaigns, and fundraising events.
- Experience with social media communication.
- Experience using Salesforce preferred.
- Passion for helping first responders.
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Excellent self-motivation.
- Proficient computer skills including MS Office, online communication and collaboration tools.
- Cultural competence working with a diverse set of emergency responders.
Ability to travel throughout the greater San Francisco Bay Area as required. Some travel out of state will be required.
This job may operate in a business office or home office setting. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Staff member will need to travel and may be required to lift and move items weighing up to 25 lbs.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time, self-directed position. Days and hours of work are flexible and dependent upon timing of FRSN-related tasks required, however, staff member will designate specific periods of time during a Monday – Friday work week when they are regularly available in order to conduct necessary business.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the staff member for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time.